Water is an important resource to our garden, especially in our soils. It is imperative that we water as efficiently and carefully as possible as not to waste this valuable resource.
Here are some extra tips to help conserve water and increase hydration productivity in your garden:
1) Plant drought tolerant crops like beans, broccoli, corn, cucumber, and eggplant.
2) Use mulch and soaker hoses in your garden to lock in moisture.
3) Construct rain barrels to capture water naturally and water your garden.
4) Water in the morning to prevent evaporation.
5) Target the roots of the plant where moisture is absorbed when watering your crops.
Happy Planting🌻 Follow us on Instagram: @edenurbangarden